Monday, June 13, 2011

Just another day.

I'll admit it.  I am the least organized person you will ever meet.  My house is a disaster most of the time.  I keep coming up with these ideas about how to arrange and rearrange the house so it will be easier to find things and use things.  But, unfortunately, the problem is internal.  I am just genetically unable to make logistical heads or tails of an organizational system, no matter what I do.  I am very afraid I have passed this condition on to my poor unsuspecting children.  I am working on breaking that chain, so my kids learn the skills they need to live a somewhat well-ordered life.

It is the same way with my weight.  I mean, I know what I am supposed to do, what I should do.  But, actually putting that plan into motion is harder to do than I always imagine it will be.  Some days I just feel like I really screwed up and want to eat the world.  I am worried I have passed this problem on to my kiddos too.  Food and beverage are such comforting, embracing, non-judging things.  It is hard to pass them up.  But I am learning, slowly, but surely, that I can do it.  I just have to keep reminding myself of this every day, sometimes every hour.  Yeah, I still make mistakes, ALL THE TIME.  But, now I am much better at understanding why, and not "punishing" myself for the slips.  I am also working on teaching my kids the healthy eating habits that will lead them to long, healthy, fit lives.

Sheesh, being a mom is a hard job sometimes....

No comments: