Sunday, June 21, 2009

Well, Yucky.

I had an awesome weekend. I went to Boston with friends, saw the Red Sox beat the Braves, had a ton of laughs, and did something I don't usually do. I allowed myself to be photographed. Let's just say....I looked horrible, truly awful. So big and, and....Well, yucky. I have to live with it for now, but as special as that time is for me, I wish I didn't have photographic evidence for how I look. You see, at the game they have these photographers that come around and take a picture of you and your friends in this wonderful setting. I made the mistake of actually looking at the pictures. Not good. On top of that my lovely friends and I were on t.v. when they panned the crowd. Can you guess how we were able to be seen in the crowd? Me. Yep, the gigantic red blob in the seat at the end of the row. That was me. Once you spot me in the crowd, you can see my darling friends next to me. Yuck.

Okay, I know I sound like I am feeling sorry for myself....and maybe I am, but I am also going to use this as a catalyst to really get moving on to a better self. On a positive note, we walked a lot in the past two days, and, I didn't die! I actually enjoyed it, except for the knees that hurt at the end of the day. But they haven't fallen off yet, so, yeah me!

Okay, this is what I am up to this week:
Walking...at least 3 out of 7 days. A little bit further each time I walk.
Drinking water....and nothing else if I can manage it.
Eating....Protein, Protein, Protein. Less carbs over all.

Go Me!

Think I can do it?? I do.

2 comments:

Amy said...

"Yep, the gigantic red blob in the seat at the end of the row."

You are NOT the red blob at the end of the row. You're the sexy momma in that red shirt. Heyyyyyyyyy can I get a numbner?!" ::snap snap:: :)

Heidi said...

Yay, you have a blog!!!
You are being way too hard on yourself, you ARE the beautiful woman in red! I am guilty of putting myself down too much too. I don't post complete pics of myself on my blog because I don't like my weight.
And can I say Yay again!